Monday, March 5, 2012

Knitting: Project 1 ~ Rascal Market Bag

I tried out this pattern: Elisa Nest Tote

I'm calling it the Rascal Market Bag, because it was bit of a rascal as I tried to finish it! It's my very first bag and I think I see another market bag in my future...my own design & a trial is on my needles now.

I did not like how mine turned out...but I learned a few things along the way. First off, the kitchner stitch and I are not friends. Second, I like the applied I-Cord edge but disliked the I-Cord handle.

Okay, with that said, I made the bag and was 97% finished before I realized I didn't like it. The thing is I've made a pack with myself to finish all projects I start this year...ALL of them, not just the ones I like. It is something God has laid on my heart and as I have struggle this past year with being "out of focus" this year I am embracing the 30 different things I do without "focus" and the thing I do I will FINISH STRONG!

So the bag doesn't quite look like the one from the pattern I followed. I looked at a thousand on Ralvery.com. Some actually looked like mine, so I relaxed and finished.

The applied iCord causes the opening to be narrow. The kitchner stitch did not make a nice finish on the handle.

I used Peaches and Cream, Dark Taupe (from Walmart).

Not a great pic...was learning how to take pics of my yarn.
Finished Bag


Opening is small...not much bigger than this box would fit.

Bag hanging empty
5 lbs. of potatoes to see that the bag stretches quite a bit. 

This is really my first time blogging about a knitting project. I only started really knitting in September of 2011, though my mom had taught me a thousand times before then. You can find me on Ravelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment