Friday, March 2, 2012

Crock Pot: Day 13 ~ Beef Stroganoff

I got inspiration for this recipe, Beef Stroganoff, from the Tastefully Simple website. I've never made beef stroganoff. Though I love cooking, this is just one thing I've never made our family. This is a new recipe as well as a crock pot delight.


Ingredients:
-6 Garlic Cloves minced
-1 Tbsp. Tastefully Simple Spinach & Herb Dip Mix
-2 lbs. cubed beef stew meat
-1 Chopped medium onion
-1 Package sliced mushrooms
-2 c beef broth
-2 Tbsp. Flour
-2 Tbsp. cold water
-8 oz. chive and onion cream cheese spread
-Prepared hot egg noodles



Cast of Characters




Combine garlic, Spinach & Herb Dip Mix, beef stew meat, onion, mushrooms and beef broth in the crock pot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. 


Combine flour and cold water; stir until smooth. Whisk mixture into crock pot until thickened about 30 mins to an hour before serving. 


Add cream cheese 30 minutes before serving and stir until blended. 


Serve over hot noodles.


Yum
Okay, so the kids and I loved this...hubby not so much (which explains why I've never made it). So though it's a great recipe, I'll probably won't put it into our regular rotation...



No comments:

Post a Comment