Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Crock Pot: Day 7 ~ Butternut Squash Soup

This is a crock pot recipe and a new recipe. I once again looked at several food blogs and then just went with my instincts. This was an easy recipe and a wonderful crowd pleaser. I made it for my family and then again for our life group.

Ingredients:
-3 lbs. Butternut Squash
-8 Cloves Garlic
-1 qt Chicken Broth
-8 oz of Cream Cheese
-1 c Whipping Cream
-Salt
-Pepper
-Parmasen Cheese (for garnish)

I found this pre-cut Butternut Squash at Sam's Club. It made this REALLY easy.


I put the squash, garlic cloves, salt, pepper and a quart of chicken broth in the crock pot on low for 5 hours.

Squash straight out of the package...all cut up & skinned!

After the squash is tender, I spooned it out with a slotted spoon into my food processor. Processed the squash & garlic. Pour the squash back into the crock pot with the brick of cream cheese & turn crock pot on high. Occasionally stir the soup till the cream cheese is completely melted. Stir in whipping cream. Serve with parmesan cheese on top.

So yummy!

This was a wonderful dish. I tasted along the way and salted and peppered to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment