Sunday, January 29, 2012

Organizing: Day 2 ~ My Hutch

I inherited a beautiful dark cherry wood hutch from my mom. It isn't really my style but it holds all my beautiful dishes (that I also inherited) on display. The problem with that is that is also displays the dust the gathers being that these beautiful dishes are only used on a few occasions throughout the year.

Recently, I packed up lots of my dishes and carted them to Denver to throw a wonderful wedding shower for my step brother's beautiful wife. My step-mom and I joined forces and got all our china out for this event. When I pulled everything out I became aware of how dirty the hutch was. Before putting all the dishes back into the hutch, I decided it was time to clean the hutch. I dusted and windexed and went through all the items in the hutch. I was able to get rid of a few things I can't imagine ever using. After everything was clean, I put all my dishes back.

When the glasses where there you couldn't see all this dust.
It feels great to have a nice clean space. I'm sure I'll have to do it again the next time I use the china, but for now it looks great.


Crystal clear to display my crystal.

All clean now!


No comments:

Post a Comment