Saturday, March 3, 2012

Organizing: Day 5 ~ Cleaning my linen closet

One thing about living in a house built in the 80s is there is a severe lack of closet space. There are no walk-in closets. Almost all the closets are shallow and the built in shelves are almost useless; however, I am blessed to have a big home and I want to live within my space...so the de-cluttering continues.

My linen closet had some sheets, beach towels, first aid, sun screen and miscellaneous decor. When the door is closed, it all fits...

See...it's not bursting open.
...but open the door and all hell broke loose. Another fallen Jenga pile that needed sorting and cleaning and purging, oh my.

I get the feeling some kiddos have been in here.
I embraced this venture and found myself in a mess. The thing about organizing is it almost always gets worse before it gets better.

Getting a little claustrophobic...need to take a break.
When I finished, I introduced the family to the new linen closet and gave them each a tour. Hopefully they will know where things are when they need them and know where to put things away when they are finished...hopefully was the key word there.

Ahh..my OCD friends are lovin' this.
In the end, things are cleaner, organized and there is a nice pile for donation.

Detailed list of donations post coming tomorrow ;)
Okay, I'm going to be honest here: I really decided to take pictures of things after I cleaned so I could remember. I am the "odd" one in my bunch of friends. I'm the one that isn't OCD & doesn't have perfect closets, drawers, cabinets or shelves. In fact, the only reason the mess bothers me is because we have too much stuff! 




No comments:

Post a Comment