Thursday, February 2, 2012

Reading: Book 3 ~ Mockingjay



Mockingjay
by Suzanne Collins

This is the 3rd and final book to the "Hunger Games" series. Each of the previous books ended with such a cliff hanger that I had to immediately begin the next book. This final book starts with the main character Katniss being pulled from the arena in the Quarter Quell Hunger Games for which she was a tribute.

She is taken to district 13 which was believed to be destroyed 75 years ago but instead it became an underground society. She finds out that her district was completely destroyed by the Capitol but her family was able to get out in time and is also living in district 13.

This district wants to start a revolution against the Capitol with the other districts and is preparing for war. They want Katniss to represent them as a figure head for the movement though she does not want to participate in this. She finally gives into their request and joins the war against the Capitol. 

This books takes you through this journey at district 13 through Katniss' journey to the capitol in war with an interesting cast of characters. I will say that the end of the book was very disappointing and I wished I had not spent a week loosing sleep to stay up late and read these books. The 1st book, "Hunger Games", was outstanding but I felt the 2nd book, "Catching Fire" and this final book "Mockingjay" fell short...far short.

There will be a moving of the "Hunger Games" coming out in March and I am looking forward to seeing how they will depict this book. I always think that books are far better than the movies based on books but enjoy seeing them. I won't go see a movie that is based on a book until I read the book. It is a great incentive to me to continue to read new and different books, maybe even books I wouldn't normally read.


No comments:

Post a Comment