Thursday, February 9, 2012

Crock Pot: Day 12 ~ Salmon & Green Beans

I found this recipe idea from the blog Crock Pot 365.

This was not a total success for us but we thought of ways to improve it.

Totally new recipe as well as a new technic. I've never tried to make fish in a crock pot. I did a lot of research online before I attempted this. I would not recommend this for those new to crock pot cooking.

Ingredients:

-Salmon
-Green Beans
Sauce:
-1/2 c Soy Sauce
-1/2 c Tastefully Simple Pomegranate Chipolte Sauce (link to purchase this item) *this is a new sauce for me to try.
-1/4 c Lemon Juice
I got this at Sam's Club

1 Package of fresh green beans also from Sam's Club
Place beans in the bottom of the crock. Place salmon on top of the beans. Pour sauce over the salmon and green beans.


I used 5 Salmon filets and had to layer them.
Cook on low for 2-3 hours.


All cooked up nicely.


I served this with garlic mashed potatoes that I seasoned with salt, pepper, Tastefully Simple Onion Onion and Tastefully Simple Bacon Bacon.

Dinner was a hit!


I used frozen salmon. It really needed to be thawed before cooking so it took much longer for it to cook. When the salmon was finally cooked, the green beans weren't cooked enough for our family so I cooked them in the microwave with the sauce. (I never microwave food so this was a bit disappointing.)

The family loved this meal and I will make it again with a few changes. I will probably start the beans with the half of the sauce and cook them a couple hours longer on low before adding the thawed salmon and the other half of the sauce to the crock. It was fun trying something new in the crock pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment