Saturday, February 4, 2012

Organizing: Day 3 ~ Above the Fridge

So I went to get something off the top of my fridge and EWWW is all I can say. It was D I R T Y up there so that was the next place to clean.

See that dirt...ewww!

My cookbook cabinet...a mess
Needed to go through the cookbooks to see what I wanted to keep.
I just pulled everything out, wiped everything down and then went through items before putting them back.

I spent a couple hours on a Saturday morning going through all my cookbooks to see what I wanted to keep. I ended up with more cookbooks than I thought I had. I kept the tried & true cookbooks, the two 3-ring binders: Better Crocker & Better Homes and Gardens. These books have all sorts of good information regarding cooking. I know you can find it all on the internet, but just incase there is ever an outage while I'm cooking, I want to know I can find the information I need.

I kept my mom's cookbooks. She marked dates and notes on recipes she had tried. I think I may just try some of them based on her little notes. She marked things like "dad's favorite" or "great for company" as well as substitutions.

Then I paged through what I had left and if there were more than 5 recipes in which I was interested I kept the book and tabbed the pages I wanted to try. The rest went into the donation pile.

All clean & shiny & organized!

Having less cookbooks had made it so I use the ones I have more often. I know what I have & what recipes I want to use in the ones I saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment